Auction 84 opens Spring 2017
The first day covers have been donated to the society by various members. Early classic first day covers to modern handdrawn and painted covers are available for your bid.
All proceeds go to the AFDCS General Fund and will be used to support First Days and other Society activities. Because the AFDCS has been recognized as a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the U. S. Internal Revenue Code, all donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by the law. Your donation will be acknowledged with a letter that you may keep with your tax records.
Auction donations can be sent to the AFDCS Fund Raising Auction Chairman:
1866 Loma Vista
Pasadena, CA 91104
If you would like to learn more about donating to the AFDCS, you can contact the Auction Chairman or the AFDCS Central Office for more information. If you wish to contribute a large quantity of material, please be sure to contact our Auction Chairman before shipping.
TERMS OF SALE
PO Box 800
Pinebluff NC 28373
Do not mail your bids to the central office.
2. The minimum bid is $2 or 25 percent of estimated value, whichever is higher.
3. All lots will be sold to the highest bidder. Bid the price you want to pay. All proceeds of this sale will go to the AFDCS General Fund, and help support many AFDCS functions. The AFDCS reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time.
4. Successful bidders will be notified of lots purchased and MUST REMIT payment before lot(s) can be mailed. Successful bidders must pay actual postage costs (minimum $1.50) and the proper amount of insurance on any sale over $25. Successful bidders of bulk lots will pay actual parcel post shipping costs. Payment by Visa, MasterCard and American Express accepted. $10.00 minimum charge appreciated.
5. Each lot is sold as genuine. If, in the opinion of any competent authority acceptable to the AFDCS, a lot is declared otherwise, the purchase price will be refunded in full provided that such claim is received within 21 days from the date the covers are mailed to the bidder.
6. Any lot, the description of which is incorrect, is returnable within 21 days from the date the covers are mailed to the bidder.
7. Some toning of envelopes can be expected on covers before 1940. Where heavy toning or defects exist, they are mentioned in the lot descriptions.
8. All covers are franked with a single stamp unless otherwise described.
9. All unsold lots will be reoffered in future auctions or used for other AFDCS activities.
10. Lot descriptions are designed to help the prospective bidder, yet remain within a reasonable length to save space. FDCs are listed by issue date or Scott Catalogue number. Predates are clearly listed as such. (If you see a date that is not the correct FD date, it is probably not a predate. It is probably a typographical error.)
11. Full color prints of lots may be requested at the rate of 20¢ per cover (minimum of 2) payable in face value USPS unused postage along with a #10 SASE. Submit your request to the auction manager at the above address.
12. Placing a bid shall constitute acceptance of these Terms of Sale.
ARC-Artcraft, ARM-Artmaster, FLT-Fleetwood, HF-House of
Farnam. Other initials are as signed on the cachet.
State names are referenced using the USPS two-letter identifier.
|bklt||booklet pane of stamps|
|B&W||black and white|
|B4||block of 4 stamps|
|dcp||digital color postmark|
|FDOI/FDOS||first day of issue/first day of sale
||hand cancel, machine cancel
|H/C, H/D, H/P
||Not in Planty/Not in Mellone|
|PAE||pencil address erased|
|PB4||plate block of 4|
|RSA||rubber stamped address|
|RSC||rubber stamped cachet|
||set of 2 covers
||strip of three
|w/ or w/o||with or without|
||water activated gum